We were planning to launch this weekend, or early next week. Gary kicked us into launching sooner.
So… we scrambled together a video, reconfigured our rewards based on feedback, and pushed the button just under 24 hours ago.
In that short time we’ve hit 25% of our target, around the $1.5K mark. A healthy but not outrageous start, so we’re working really hard to reach out to blogs and advocates.
We’re also playtesting on Sunday at Gary’s new space in the LES. Thanks Gary!
Exciting / nervous times.
Always be launching!
Sneha and I launched Maker’s Alphabet last night, and somehow in the first 24 hours we’ve met 60% of our funding goal! Needless to say, I’m honored and humbled by the show of support.
A healthy mix of giddy and tired, I am herein documenting a few of the highlights of the last day for posterity:
- Amazing input from our advisors (Leland, Gary, Christina) in our wild and critical pre-launch hours
- Sneha’s piercing squeal when we hit the “Submit” button
- Swiftly transitioning from zombie-mode to can’t-sleep-mode after launching
- The organic posts and tweets that happened after we sent out an email to the people who had signed up for our newsletter
- Hitting Refresh on our product page every other minute
- The outpour of love and support from our collective networks, extended networks and complete strangers! It’s an incredible feeling to know that there are people out there who believe in this project as much as we do.
As I cozy up to get some much-needed rest, I can’t stop thinking about how much I want to individually thank each backer. Dreaming about the possibility of making it all happen. Brainstorming extra surprises we might include in our final packages to show how much their support means to us.
Goodnight, internet. Thanks for showing us your love today.
You never know what will actually happen until you launch. Go check out Maker’s Alphabet!